Over the last few weeks we have performed extensive research into both shopping cart abandonment rates, conversion rates and Recently, we have also investigated average order values, and now in order to complete …Read More
Current abandonment rates
By analysing 12 of the latest reports from around the World we are able to provide real insights into shopping cart abandonment rates.
Based on the below reports:
- 75.00% according to Listrak in 2015
- 75.60% according to SaleCycle in 2015
- 68.38% according to IBM in 2014
- 72.00% according to Listrak in 2014
- 62.30% according to Fireclick in 2014
- 69.20% according to Vibetrace in 2013
- 74.00% according to Barilliance in 2013
- 67.41% according to IBM / Coremetrics in 2013
- 78.00% according to AbandonAid in 2013
- 60.32% according to Triggered Messaging in 2013
- 74.23% according to SaleCycle in 2013
- 75.00% according to Listrak in 2013
Based on these figures the average shopping cart abandonment rate is 70.95% – last updated 8th May 2015
The current average shopping cart abandonment rate is:
The main reasons a customer would abandon the online purchase include:
Do you know your site’s abandonment rate?
Many ecommerce systems track the number of ‘incomplete sales’. To work out your abandonment rate do the following formula:
Incomplete sales / Total sales attempts (actual sales + incomplete sales) x 100 = shopping cart abandonment rate.
Example: Store A has 30 incomplete sales out of a total of 72 sales attempts (42 sales + 30 incomplete sales = 41.67%
Let’s lower your abandoned baskets
We utilise our cutting edge research, tracking technology and our own best practice guidelines to help improve your customers experience.
Providing in-depth audits, implementation project management and continual support solutions for ecommerce businesses around the World.
If you want to improve conversion rates and maximise EVERY sales opportunity then let’s get started today!
Our recent analysis on average retail conversion rates for 2015 also allowed us to analyse a variety of other performance metrics to help create a bigger picture as to what’s …Read More
We have recently performed an in-depth study, analysing over 300 ecommerce sites both in the UK and USA confirming that although the global abandonment rate has actually declined from 73.2% to …Read More