Beerhunter: Outreach case study
Beerhunter is an online beer delivery service which was founded in 2015. The company focuses on providing a wide range of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages to UK consumers.
Beerhunter’s website launched in March 2020 – a time of significant demand in a highly competitive industry. They required an agency to deliver an outreach campaign that would not only build links but increase brand awareness in order to drive immediate traffic and conversions.
To achieve the brief, we needed to focus on tapping into local and national publications to tell a compelling story. We ran a series of seven outreach campaigns, including:
- A celebrity-backed charity campaign – delivering regional news coverage alongside significant social media exposure (with a brand mention by Ricky Gervais)
- A seasonal product push to target both niche (gluten-free customers) and national audiences – delivering nationwide and niche coverage (gluten-free bloggers and influencers)
- A focused regional campaign for the client’s local customers – delivering nationwide coverage, as well as a feature in the desired local publication (About Manchester) the same day as broadcasting
- Additional campaigns resulted in further nationwide coverage, including Clash Magazine within 14 minutes of broadcasting
- We also delivered targeted coverage on the largest Liverpool fan blog in relation to a limited edition Beerhunter product release. This single post on their site resulted in £9,440 in tracked revenue for the client
As well as delivering numerous links and brand citations through the above campaigns, our outreach strategy helped to increase Beerhunter’s average organic position from 98 to 27 across 158 high-volume keywords.
Furthermore, we gained position 1 rankings and featured snippets for a number of high-volume keywords that drove sales to the site.